Support Positive Lifestyle Change!
A new vocabulary is making it’s way into the lexicon of modern day speech. Words and terms such as “lifestyle medicine”, “disease management”, “lifestyle illness”, “wellness coaching”, “health coaching”, “chronic illness coaching”, and, I like this one, “diseases of civilization”, seem to be showing up everywhere in the wellness and health care fields. Indeed what we used to call “behavioral health” when I was president of the Ohio Society for Behavioral Health and Biofeedback is hardly recognizable today, and that is a good thing!
Wellness coaching, when it is practiced by a well-trained individual, is a behavior change methodology. It’s not just a grab-bag of interpersonal skills and suggestions for how to be healthy and well. It’s not just a technique for better communication. It is a way of working with a person, as an ally, to help them: 1) take stock of their wellness, 2) envision themselves living their optimal lifestyle, 3) create a real plan to find their way successfully through change, 4) track their progress so they know when and how they are being successful, and 5) get the accountability and support they need to follow through and make the changes last. It is a behavioral solution for a behavioral problem.
"Wellness & Health" Coach Certification
Prerequisites: Degree or certification in a related field.
Learn wellness concepts and professional coaching competencies that will give you the skills needed to individualize your wellness program or current work. You will learn a systematic coaching process, based on behavioral change psychology, human motivation, solution-oriented therapy, and professional coaching competencies. Learn how to motivate others toward health and wellness with support and accountability. Our Wellness Mapping 360°™ methodolgy of wellness coaching will give you a framework for measurable success.Participants learn to apply the WM360 model of wellness coaching to working with people from prevention of disease to to helping people adapt to living well with health challenges.
All programs can be adapted to meet individual company needs!
Option 1:Wellness & Health Coach Certification(32 hours)
The Wellness & Health Coach Certification core training is a 32 hour certification program designed for the participant who want to add wellness / health coaching skills to their existing professional education. The Wellness & Health Coach Certification Training Program is a deep, interactive training opportunity delivered either live on location, or via interactive webinar. The program is designed to train and certify health, fitness, and mental health professionals as wellness and health coaches.
To honor the integrity of the program - no more than 2 classes maybe missed to become certified.
Training OverviewCLICK HERE TO READ MORE...
Our wellness coach & health coach certification program leads to not only a personal transformation, but it will rapidly and profoundly improve your ability to help your clients make break-throughs and lasting behavioral change towards health, fitness, and wellness!
Blending the best from the wellness field with the practical and effective skill-base of coaching, The Wellness 360°™ model of wellness coaching gives wellness and healthcare professionals the skills they need to help their clients make lasting lifestyle change. It is a systematic wellness and lifestyle coaching process, based on evidenced based behavioral change psychology, human motivation, cultural support, and professional coaching competencies.
There is a lifestyle aspect to all health challenges and lifestyle improvement that is much easier with allies. For many people their success at lifestyle change is largely determined by how well connected they are to a supportive culture of wellness around them. Healthcare and wellness professionals with wellness coaching skills can effectively guide their clients towards the lifestyle changes prescribed by the physician. The Wellness 360°™ certification training provides a structured, proven methodology that effectively supports the individual’s movement toward healthy lifestyle change.
Training in wellness coaching helps healthcare and wellness professionals shift the responsibility for change to the individual. Learning to create a true alliance with their “coach”, the individual discovers how to better form needed alliances with others and ask their environment for what they need. Together the client and coach create a wellness plan that will help the client to achieve their lifestyle improvement goals in any and all areas of wellness.
Certification OverviewCLICK HERE TO READ MORE...
Though we do not charge extra for Certification there are added requirements to becoming Certified as a Wellness and Health Coach. To acheive this distinction you must successfully complete the final exam, 5 buddy coaching sessions, and a written casestudy. To protect the integrity of the certification only 2 webinar classes (4 hours) may be missed. Once certified you may use the credentials CWHC after your name and our certification seal. Certification is granted in 2 year blocks to ensure the continued growth of our CWHC coaches with 10 CE's a year (see renewal process below)
What you get and what you will be able to do?CLICK HERE TO READ MORE...
WHAT YOU GET:
The Wellness & Health Coach Certification Training program is taught by highly qualified faculty and includes:
- 32 contact hours of education provided either live on location in a 4-day format or via interactive webinar in 16 two hour live webinars held either once or twice a week (Use of a USB headset will allow participants to access the audio through their computer with no additional charges. Those who choose to dial in are responsible for their own long-distance telephone costs)
- Playbacks of all webinar classes are available for re-listening. When classes are missed participants view the recorded class and then request questions to be answered to gain credit for the missed class.
- 50+ webinar recordings of lectures on behavior change, motivation, and the many skills of coaching.
- A 400-page training manual – for the Wellness & Health Coach Certification Training
- A Workbook that give you the details of the program and handouts to work with.
- A CD Tool Kit with useful forms, wellness coaching tools, presentations, and articles designed to be used with your clients. (customization available for a modest fee)
- Assigned buddies for practice coaching (one hour per week recommended beginning after the 6th class)
- A class Forum, Email and telephone support
- Access to monthly webinar" lunch & learns" and monthly e-newsletters
- Access to our Coach Center with resources for you to grow as a wellness coach
- Use of Certification Logo’s
- 32 Professional contact hours with completion of the 32 contact hours of training and the participant evaluation
- Two frameable Certifications with completetion of requirements
What You Will Be Enabled To Do
Behavior change starts in the mind and heart, and you will learn to help clients develop an open and positive mindset, a heartfelt vision, and lay down the building blocks necessary to navigate the challenging path of changing or even transforming lifestyles.
You will learn how to create a profound coaching relationship by talking less and helping your clients find their own answers and create a wellness plan that will guide them to lasting lifestyle change. Our coaching methodology integrateswellness and helath promotion principles, skills, methods, and tools of coaching psychology which draws from many domains including positive psychology, behavioral psychology, the transtheoretical model, motivational interviewing, appreciative inquiry, social psychology, relational cultural theory, adult development (constructive development), and social cognitive theory/self efficacy, and is consistent with the International Coach Federation’s core coaching competencies.
You will be able to:
· Use coaching skills, tools, and processes in all client/patient interventions (individual or group) in consumer, corporate, health plan, hospital, physician practice, or health-club setting
· Be confident in calling yourself a certified wellness coach and certified health coach and use our certification seal.
· Use the Wellness Mapping 360 "Tools for Healthy Living" to collect, assess, and help clients manage their health by creating a wellness plan with built in accountability and support.
· Work with your clients in a holistic manner leading to life satisfaction, health risk reduction, greater physical activity, mental and emotional fitness, better nutrition, stress reduction, and weight management.
· Apply evidence-based coaching skills and outcomes measurement
· Guide the development of client visions and wellness plan while following evidence-based national standards
· Track, evaluate, and adjust a client’s coaching program using the latest coaching techniques
· Empower your clients to establish and sustain a higher level of wellness than they can do alone!
What you cannot do:
· Train others to be Wellness or Health Coaches
· Work outside of your scope of expertise
· Share or copy our materials without permission. Tools, articles and materials are for use by WM360°™ certified wellness & health coaches with their clients only.
Continuing EducationCLICK HERE TO READ MORE...
The following professions may obtain Continuing Education Contact Hour Credit for completion of the 32 hour Wellness & Health Coach Certification training program (a Certificate of Attendance will be give with compeltion of the 32 hours and the participatn evaluations):
Professional Coaches: International Coach Federation – this program has been approved for 37 hrs of continuing coaching education for coaches or ICF coach specific training hrs. (an additional 2 audio recordings of coaching sessions need to be submitted for review to gain these ICF hours. An additional fee applies)
Sports Medicine & Fitness Professionals: 32 hours toward ACSM (athletic trainers and sports medicine professionals) certification or recertification
Health Educators: 32 CHES CECH - this program has been approved for category 1 CHES or MCHES contact hours.
Nurses: This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the American Holistic Nurses Association’s Education Approver committee, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Approved through: 11/7/2016
“Approval for contact hours through the AHNA is based on an assessment of the educational merit of this program and does not constitute endorsement of the use of any specific modality in the care of clients”.
Note to students with other professional associations Real Balance GWS is in the process of securing continuing education credits from other leading health, fitness, and mental health organizations. If we do not currently directly provide credit for your profession - we will assist you in applying directly to your professional accrediting body.
Registration & RefundsCLICK HERE TO READ MORE...
REGISTRATION:Payment plans are arranged individually and though we do not charge a fee for this service we do not offer the early registration discount with a payments plan. A group discount of 15% off is offered when 3 or more people register together. We also offer a 20% corporate rate when 5 or more from a company register for classes and a 25% off corporate incentive when 10 or more people register for a training. The Wellness & Health Coach Certification training program has been designed to meet the unique needs of the experienced health, fitness, or mental health professional who wants an intense focus on health / wellness coaching, wants access to evidence-based coaching psychology, and to a structured wellness coaching model. We keep our prices modest and there are no hidden charges.
Save with early bird discounts and by registering for a 2016 class!
- 2016 Interactive Webinars = $1,295.00 - $100 (early registration) = $ 1,195.00
- 2016 Live on Location Intensive Registration Fee $1,495.00 - $100(early registration) = $1,395.00
Certification cost and CE’s are included – there are no hidden fees!
To gain the ICF Approved Coach Specific Training Hours 1 additional audio recording of a wellness coaching session needs to be submitted and there is an addiitonal $129.99 fee for the review and critiques of this recording.
PROGRAM REFUND POLICY
Registration in Public Trainings: Although we hope that you won't need to request a refund, we understand that you may need to cancel your registration and withdraw from the training program. You may cancel your Health Coach & Wellness Coach Training program registration at any time, and may receive a refund as detailed below. You must request program cancellation and refund in writing, by mail or email. Any applicable refund, will be determined by the date request is mailed, or sent (if requested by email).
• You may receive a full refund for cancellation, if requested within 10 days prior to the beginning of the class and before the materials have been sent.
• When needing to cancel your registration after 10 days prior to an arranged training, we will gladly register you for another class at a later date. (within two years)
*If for some reason Real Balance GWS must cancel a class a full refund or movement to another class will be offered.
Onsite Live Training is arranged specifically for an organization at their location and based on a Collaborative Agreement. 50% of the agreed on training fee is invoiced to hold the training dates and 50% once the training takes place. If for some reason Real Balance GWS cannot fullfil its end of the agreement all monies paid will be returned and the agreement null and void. If for some unforeseen reason the organization engaging Real Balance GWS needs to cancel or reschedule the training event all monies paid will be refunded up to 45 days porior to the agreed training dates. After 45 days prior to the agreed training dates the training we will gladly reschedule the training for another time.
PURPOSE OF RECERTIFICATION
- $75 for a Certified Health and Wellness Coach (having completed and certified in our core training program)
- Real Balance classes
- Real Balance Free Webinars
- Conferences with sessions related to wellness coaching
Option 2: Professional Wellness & Health Coach Certification (10 / 12 month)
While the Real Balance - core Wellness & Health Coach Certification training program provides core skills to help health professionals become competent health and wellness coaches, this advanced 1 year program gives coaches a path to masterful coaching and accreditation with the International Coach Federation. The Professional Coach Path is designed to assist students who desire to deepen their coaching skills and/or are pursuing the ICF Professional Coach Credential via the ACSTH path. If you are interested in this path, please make a personal appointment to go over the process and be assigned a mentor.
For More Information
A mentor coach will work with you to achieve your desired results and to support your journey.
International Coach Federation - Professional Coach Path
PURPOSE OF RECERTIFICATION
- $125 for a Professional Certified Health and Wellness Coach (having completed and certified in our advanced, 10 month program)
- Real Balance classes
- Real Balance Free Webinars
- Conferences with sessions related to wellness coaching