Group Wellness Coaching - October 2021
Pre-requisite: “This class is open to those who have completed the Wellness & Health Coach Certification training with Real Balance or are National Board or ICF Certified or with prior approval"
"This CE course is approved by ICF, ACSM, SHRM, and NBHWC for 28 continuing education units (CEP # 100053)."
Our purpose is to provide a forum for students to further develop their skills and expand their scope of practice. In this 28-hour training, Health & Wellness Coaches will learn the core concepts of group coaching and how to effectively integrate core health and wellness coaching competencies to working with groups.
Skills Required to Successfully Conduct a Wellness Coaching Group
An understanding of:
- Core coaching skills as applied to group coaching
- Group dynamics & process
- How adults learn
- Integration of experiential learning and education
- Group design skills
- Group facilitation Skills
- Dealing with challenging situations & self-management in the group context
- Best practices for group coaching
- Participants will gain knowledge of the application of core coaching skills to group
- Participants will gain knowledge of group dynamics and group
- Participants will gain knowledge of the application of adult learning and experiential learning in group coaching.
- Participants will have a foundation in the essential requirements for creating and implementing effective wellness/health coaching
- Participants will have a foundation in the integration of behavior change practice and core health & wellness competencies in group
- Participants will gain knowledge of the design and evaluation of a health/wellness coaching
- Participants will gain awareness of dealing with challenging situations and self-management in group
- Participants will gain experience through the design and delivery of a group wellness coaching session followed by feedback
- Participants will gain experience through the design of a group wellness program.
Requirements to Complete this Course
- Completion of 28 in-class hours. Up to 4 hours (2 classes) of missed class time may be made up by listening to the class recording and completing a brief questionnaire.
- 3 Peer Coach Collaborative Sessions focused on sharing ideas, brainstorming and feedback. The collaborative sessions follow chapters 3, 5 and 8 in the Manual. A Collaborative Session Guidelines and requirements to complete and submit a Collaborative Session form are provided.
- Completion and submission of a Health/Wellness Group Plan using the Real Balance Group Wellness Coaching Plan Design structure.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation prior to 10 days before to the start of the training will result in a full refund of your registration fee. After the 10 day window your tuition can be applied to registration in another class (needs to be applied within 2 years.)
|Class End Date||01-27-22|