Group Wellness Coaching - April 2024
Pre-requisite: “This class is open to those who have completed the Wellness & Health Coach Certification training with Real Balance or are National Board or ICF Certified or with prior approval"
April 30, 2024 - July 15, 2024 (30 Hours) 15 weeks, Tuesdays, 12pm - 2pm EST.
"This CE course is approved by ICF, SHRM, and NBHWC for 30 continuing education units (CEP # 100053)."
Our purpose is to provide a forum for students to further develop their skills and expand their scope of practice. In this 30-hour training, Health & Wellness Coaches will learn the core concepts of group coaching and how to effectively integrate core health and wellness coaching competencies to working with groups.
Skills Required to Successfully Conduct a Wellness Coaching Group
An understanding of:
- Core coaching skills as applied to group coaching
- Group dynamics & process
- How adults learn
- Integration of experiential learning and education
- Group design skills
- Group facilitation Skills
- Dealing with challenging situations & self-management in the group context
- Best practices for group coaching
- Participants will gain knowledge of the application of core coaching skills to group
- Participants will gain knowledge of group dynamics
- Participants will gain knowledge of the application of adult learning and experiential learning in group coaching.
- Participants will have a foundation in the essential requirements for creating and implementing effective wellness/health coaching groups
- Participants will have a foundation in the integration of behavior change practice and core health & wellness competencies in group
- Participants will gain knowledge of the design and evaluation of a health/wellness coaching groups
- Participants will gain awareness of dealing with challenging situations and self-management in group
- Participants will gain experience through the design and delivery of a group wellness coaching session followed by feedback
- Participants will gain experience through the design of a group wellness program.
Requirements to Complete this Course
- Completion of 28 in-class hours. Up to 4 hours (2 classes) of missed class time may be made up by listening to the class recording and completing a brief questionnaire.
- 3 Peer Coach Collaborative Sessions focused on sharing ideas, brainstorming and feedback. The collaborative sessions follow chapters 3, 5 and 8 in the Manual. A Collaborative Session Guidelines and requirements to complete and submit a Collaborative Session form are provided.
- Completion and submission of a Health/Wellness Group Plan using the Real Balance Group Wellness Coaching Plan Design structure.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation prior to 10 days before to the start of the training will result in a full refund of your registration fee. After the 10 day window your tuition can be applied to registration in another class (needs to be applied within 2 years.)
Class End Date
Cut off date