Group Wellness Coaching - January 2021
Pre-requisite: “This class is open to those who have completed the Wellness & Health Coach Certification training or with approval"
"This CE course is approved by ICF, ACSM, SHRM, and NBHWC for 28 continuing education units (CEP # 100053)."
Our purpose is to provide a forum for students to further develop their skills and expand their scope of practice. In this 28-hour training, Health & Wellness Coaches will learn the core concepts of group coaching and how to effectively integrate core health and wellness coaching competencies to working with groups.
Skills Required to Successfully Conduct a Wellness Coaching Group
An understanding of:
- Core coaching skills as applied to group coaching
- Group dynamics & process
- How adults learn
- Integration of experiential learning and education
- Group design skills
- Group facilitation Skills
- Dealing with challenging situations & self-management in the group context
- Best practices for group coaching
- Participants will gain knowledge of the application of core coaching skills to group
- Participants will gain knowledge of group dynamics and group
- Participants will gain knowledge of the application of adult learning and experiential learning in group coaching.
- Participants will have a foundation in the essential requirements for creating and implementing effective wellness/health coaching
- Participants will have a foundation in the integration of behavior change practice and core health & wellness competencies in group
- Participants will gain knowledge of the design and evaluation of a health/wellness coaching
- Participants will gain awareness of dealing with challenging situations and self-management in group
- Participants will gain experience through the design and delivery of a group wellness coaching session followed by feedback
- Participants will gain experience through the design of a group wellness program.
Requirements to Complete this Course
- Completion of 28 in-class hours. Up to 4 hours (2 classes) of missed class time may be made up by listening to the class recording and completing a brief questionnaire.
- 3 Peer Coach Collaborative Sessions focused on sharing ideas, brainstorming and feedback. The collaborative sessions follow chapters 3, 5 and 8 in the Manual. A Collaborative Session Guidelines and requirements to complete and submit a Collaborative Session form are provided.
- Completion and submission of a Health/Wellness Group Plan using the Real Balance Group Wellness Coaching Plan Design structure.
|Class End Date||04-27-21|
|Cut off date||01-26-21|