In this self-paced, 5-module (6 hour) class participants will learn about specific lifestyle-related health challenges, the lifestyle changes needed and how to support a person as they make lifestyle changes needed to be healthy and well. In particular the course covers coaching people to live well with Heart Issues, Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes, Hypertension & Stroke and Asthma & COPD.
Outline – One Hour Learning Modules
1. Introduction to Living Well With Illness and How to Effectively Coach People With Health Challenges
2. How to Effectively Coach People to Live Well With Heart Issues
3. How to Effectively Coach People to Live Well With Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes
4. How to Effectively Coach People to Live Well With Hypertension & Stroke
5. How to Effectively Coach People to Live Well With Asthma & COPD.
1. Participants will be able to identify what their clients need to know about different health challenges and the “lifestyle prescription” their clients need to fill in order to live the healthiest life possible.
2. Participants will be able to name three lifestyle behavior choices that once made will help them adapt quickly and live a healthier life.
3. Participants will demonstrate a coaching structure and communication skillset that is client centered.
4. Participants will demonstrate the ability to assist their clients in co-creating a Wellness Plan that represents the lifestyle behavioral change needed.
|Class End Date||12-31-22|
|Cut off date||12-31-22|