Effectively Coaching People With Health Challenges
In this 5-module (6 hour) class participants will learn about specific lifestyle-related health challenges, the lifestyle changes needed and how to support a person as they make lifestyle changes needed to be healthy and well. In particular the course covers coaching people to live well with Heart Issues, Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes, Hypertension & Stroke and Asthma & COPD.
Outline – One Hour Learning Modules
1. Introduction to Living Well With Illness and How to Effectively Coach People With Health Challenges
2. How to Effectively Coach People to Live Well With Heart Issues
3. How to Effectively Coach People to Live Well With Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes
4. How to Effectively Coach People to Live Well With Hypertension & Stroke
5. How to Effectively Coach People to Live Well With Asthma & COPD.
1. Participants will be able to identify what their clients need to know about different health challenges and the “lifestyle prescription” their clients need to fill in order to live the healthiest life possible.
2. Participants will be able to name three lifestyle behavior choices that once made will help them adapt quickly and live a healthier life.
3. Participants will demonstrate a coaching structure and communication skillset that is client centered.
4. Participants will demonstrate the ability to assist their clients in co-creating a Wellness Plan that represents the lifestyle behavioral change needed.
Pre-requisite: Wellness & Health Coach Certification or Coaching Certification from any ICF or NBHWC approved program
Instructor/Coach - Michael Arloski Phd., PCC, NBC-HWC
Take your health and wellness coaching to a more masterful level. Hone your coaching craft deepening your use of the Coaching Core Competencies as outlined by the International Coach Federation and NBHWC. Open to all students who have completed a NBHWC approved wellness coach training (not just Real Balance alumni). This course will be application based with an emphasis on deepening skills and wellness coaching practice. Delivered via live-interactive webinar this is your opportunity to delve deeper into more advanced coaching topics such as self-disclosure, collusion, self-efficacy, coaching directiveness, use of questions, behavioral change theories, and more. Part of each class is live coaching and feedback.
This training can be used for CCE's to maintain your Wellness Coach Certification and Continuing Education for NBHWC, CHES/MCHES, AHNA, ACSM, and 28 ICF for Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH).
|Class End Date||12-31-22|
|Cut off date||12-31-22|